Ads 468x60px

Post Labels

Friday, September 20, 2013

iPhone Repair Kits are Very Challenging!

iPhone 4 Do It Yourself Repair Kits





      So you have thought to yourself..."Maybe I can repair my iPhone Cracked Screen myself!" or "My Friend or Family Member has offered to give this a go!"  And you see all of these Do it yourself repair kits across the internet. And then feel very confident you will be able to follow along the youtube video's. Thinking this will be pretty easy. What could go wrong? Right? So before you know it your thinking to yourself. "I am pretty good with disassembly other electronic devices. This should be a cake walk." Then tragedy strikes! You end up with two iPhone 4's in a jumbled complete mess!

I just do not get! How to get this thing off or how to do this?

This is usually the case if you try to fix your own iPhone.

"I need Help repairing my iPhone 4"


So I was drinking my morning coffee this morning. When I received a text message from a very panicked guy. That had tried his best. To fix his personal iPhone 4 with a cracked screen. And he had ordered a online Do it yourself kit. So for about 4 day's he has been trying to piece back together his iPhone. And he even tried taking apart an extra CDMA iPhone 4. He had just laying around. To try to compensate for the parts missing on his project. Which ended up not working. Because the iPhone 4 GSM. Is completely different from the iPhone 4 CDMA Model.

Which ended up being a major disaster for him.
: "God Bless Him"LOL He Did Try!


This is what I needed to repair.


So I agreed to meet with him about 45min later. I really had no idea what I was getting myself into. LOL I go and I meet with this very nice guy. And he presents me with a couple of boxes. With everything just more or less jumbled together. Screws not matching in a box. Vital parts missing completely.  Everything else just completely unorganized. LOL HAHAHA!! But this was Ok to me. I completely admired his bravery. And thought to myself....I am going to hook this poor guy up! He needs a break! So I took on the challenge from all my experience working on iPhones. Which basically means I can take them each apart while blind folded. And proceeded to put a new screen on one of the frames and ended up piecing back together one of the disassembled iPhones 4. Which ended in with a newly fixed GSM model iPhone 4.



After the repair!


After I had finished piecing back together the very nice man's iPhone 4 . He Thanked me! And really could not believe what had taken place right in front of him.  So I decided to make this a Topic of my Repair Blog. Because this is not the first time I had received a phone call about interveining in an iPhone Repair that has gone bad. So when you think to yourself. "I can fix my iPhone with a Do it yourself kit." Be very cautious and you may want to reconsider! My Advice is to think ahead for a plan of action. In case you feel you are a bit over your technical threshold!

Need Help?

Call Mike W.
Kc iPhone Doctor
816-343-4362


 Thank you for reading and if you need your iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S or 5 Repaired. Please give me a call and I will do my best to put it back together. To save the day for you. Thank You for reading.

Mike W.
Kc iPhone Doctor
816-343-4362









No comments:

Post a Comment